Image via iStockPhoto.
I’m no expert when it comes to such things are marketing and branding, as typically understood in industry standards, and I’ve never held a job where the core role and responsibility were those two things exclusively so if you’re looking for a textbook overview then you’ve come to the wrong place pal!
But, I do know a thing or two when it comes to personal branding online, or the art and science of managing your online equity in a way that’s comprehensive, accurate, fair and naturally a good representation of who you are and who you want to ultimately attract.
What you can expect in this series is a look at how I think globally about my online personal brand, the tools and techniques that I use to manage and control it, how I curate positive feedback and how I dismantle the negative, and how leverage it as a tool for conversion for my business and financial bottom line.
I hope you enjoy! Here’s a loose table of contents that I’ll be following:
- An Introduction to Branding and Personal Branding Online
- Positioning Yourself Effectively for Personal Branding
- 3 Personal Branding Strategies That Will Make You Competitive
- How to Practically Build and Craft Your Reputation as an Expert
- Digital Elevator Pitch: Create Your Best First Online Impression
- Supporting Material: 3 Reasons Why You Need a Personal Branding, Landing Page [Download Template]
- Supporting Material: 3 Free Personal Landing, Branding Templates for Download
- A Free Personal Branding Page Alternative: Google+ Profiles!
- Google Plus Vanity URL
- Why You Must Have a Blog to Increase Your Personal Online Brand
- Collateral Material That Will Increase Your Online Personal Brand
- 10 Free Tools for Brand Monitoring, Reputation Management
- How To Create a Brand Monitoring Strategy and Plan
- 3 Reasons Why Personal Branding is Still Valuable to the Currently Employed
- Cleaning Out an Expired or Previous Online Personal Brand
- Guy Kawasaki: 8 Tips on The Art of Branding
- Seth Godin: Get People to Talk About You and Your Good Work
- Steve Martin: Be So Good They Can’t Ignore You
This will most certainly expand as I walk through my drafts and continue to publish. Anything you’d like covered? Anything specific requests for content?