I sent out my last newsletter last week and more than 60% of you opened it, which is fabulous because that’s about 46% higher “open rate” than industry standard!
This means that my newsletters don’t completely suck! Yay!
As a result I thought I should give the design a bit of some love since it’s not much to look at and I thought I’d make it a community-based activity.
TentBlogger Newsletter Design Contest:
If you’re interested in participating then all you have to do comment below with a link to an image of the design which shall be your entry!
The community will then vote on the one that they like the best! Although you can be as creative as you wish here are some thoughts:
- If you know me pretty well then you know I like to have a lot of fun. Make the newsletter fun looking!
- Template should work with MailChimp since I use that system.
- Spots for images and other collateral should probably be included as well as your typical round of copy treatments and styles (quotes, bold, italic, call-outs, etc).
- You are free to use any of the existing brand identity images that I’ve had created. Check out these posts in the Community Category (go back a few) and you’ll see them like this one or the original caricatures. If you want the original files just let me know which ones.
For those that participate here are a few things to note:
- No obligation to participate! Some people consider this type of stuff “spec” work and that’s cool and that’s their opinion – I don’t have issues with it from time to time.
- Each participant will have links back to their blogs/sites in the voting blog post and a big “Thank You!”.
- The winner will have some pretty sweet recognition and a dedicated blog post showcasing their awesome work.
- No cash award (just to be explicit).
Thanks all! I’ll leave this open til the end of the month. Can’t wait to see what some people come up with!