One of the things that I’ve mentioned more than a few times here on TentBlogger is that you should start with Direct Sales for advertising on your blog, especially if you’re new to the advertising game.
Although I recommend that you start learning to manage advertisements and such in a very manual fashion, there are a few of you who have asked if there is a more “automated” system that I recommend.
OIO Publisher is the answer to that question as it automates the purchase process of selling and managing ads on your blog with ease.
And especially if you’ve got a WordPress-powered blog then there are few options out there that are better than OIO Publisher which you can setup once on your blog and then forget about it (until you’re reminded with a nice email notice that you’ve sold an advertising slot!).
It’s not free, mind you, but the system can quickly “pay for itself” if you price and target correctly. Also, this system for many bloggers becomes the last system they use since it scales with the blogger as their blog grows. If you’re interested in making money long-term then the purchase price will easily be eclipsed.
One suggestion I have for new bloggers is to set aside the cost of this system as they make money through their advertising efforts. When they have earned the cost of OIO Publisher they should then go ahead and buy it so as to stay “in the black” with their expenses.
Finally, if you need any more convincing (but no pressure!), here are 10 reasons that I’ve recommended this advertising management solution to a few of my blog clients:
- The customization and setup options are amazing and easy. Style your system anyway you’d like!
- Multiple languages available, ability to customize email templates.
- Create coupon codes for potential buyers and advertisers.
- Manages text ads, banner ads, inline ads in an intuitive “zone” system.
- Advanced features allow auto-populating posts with advertisements based on settings (like word count, etc).
- Export reports via HTML and Excel for easy bookkeeping.
- Payment gateways include Paypal, Google Checkout, 2Checkout, Authorize.net, and more.
- Available API for advanced users.
- Affiliate program to make your investment back (fairly easily, I might add!).
- Save money long-term since you set the prices and don’t pay anyone for “service” or “handling” fees (like Advertising Networks).
Here’s a look at what it might look like for an advertiser to purchase a spot on your blog:
It’s pretty intuitive!
Here’s a look at an example statistic page to see how you’re doing:
Have you used OIO Publisher? What are your thoughts? Have any questions?
Also, make sure to check out BeaconAds which is an fully automated and self-serve advertising system!