The above video may seem a bit out of place here on this blog but as my About Page says on #8 I really do enjoy video games and play them when I can find the time – I don’t often have the time and I certainly don’t have the time to blog about it.
But, with my recovery time from a major illness here in Austin which requires a lot of downtime I’ve found a bit of time to do a few different things. Reading books, catching up on news, and things that require very little travel. In fact, I’ve been literally bedridden having time for very little else than some light gaming, email, and watching random Youtube videos via my iPad Mini, which I have come to absolutely adore – it is the best iPad yet and the past two weeks have proven that it works well with my small asian hands.
Anyways, as many of you know I love to help people out and educate them on the things that I know about – this blog’s purpose is essentially about education. This week a recent patch update to one of my favorite games of all time, World of Warcraft, was released (Mists of Pandaria 5.1) and some of the patch notes mentioned the ability to down “old world” end-game bosses a bit easier by yourself.
Heck, why not give it a try and video record my efforts?
- I had zero PvE gear, as the video shows. My survivability is lower than most in PvE situations as this.
- I don’t have imp-Recuperate or anything like that nor Leeching Poison.
- I do pop a potion because health got low.
- Following the horizontal pattern and downing eggs closer to the mind-control orb is essential.
- I could have used Evasion at some point but I didn’t even think about it. I could have used a number of other skills and spells too but this was apparently the bare minimum approach.
Good luck and let me know if you have any questions!