I’m firming up a number of other speaking engagements this year (and even have a few slots open, email me!) and there’s one that I’m both extremely excited about but also anxious about: The Influence Conference.
Now, many of us have attended conferences where “influence” was one of the catchphrases, themes, or even the titles of many of the keynotes and breakouts. But not as many of us have been to an all-women’s conference… and even less still have ever spoken at an all-women’s conference.
Like me. I haven’t ever been to that type of conference so when Hayley Morgan, Jessi Connolly, and Casey Wiegand reached out to me and asked me to consider it I had to pause, touch base with a few folks I trust the most (especially my wife), and ask them if this was a good idea.
All of them said “Yes!” – and their excitement got me even more excited! So I told them that I’d be honored and humbled and put it on my calendar.
This is the first year and first even that the three are putting together and it’s slated to be unique blend of inspiration and practicality with two tracks for the participants to cycle through:
- Life – Each of our lives are uniquely shaped by God himself. By telling our stories of grace, forgiveness, trials, loss, and triumph – we are telling of the Good News. Each speaker has a story to tell, full to the brim with the Goodness of God.
- Strategy – If you are wanting to take your storytelling to a new place this track will help. Your influence in social media can bless you and your ministries relationally and even financially. These sessions will give you practical tips to leverage your influence for good.
I’ll be spending my time in the second track and although I’m still working through some topic ideas it has to circulate around their core mission:
The goal is to make much of Jesus with your influence online or in your community.
I’ve obviously got some time to walk through a number of topic ideas and I’d love to open it up here to the community and get some feedback – I may even use some of your stories to help generate content for the conference to share with the folks in attendance!
- How do you make much of Jesus through your online influence? What have you seen happen positively and negatively?
- How do you balance the tension between serving your community and profiting from it (making a living)?
- What strategies have you seen that make online storytelling incredibly impactful and effective?
- If you were to tell a bunch of passionate Christian women one thing, what would that be?
Thanks all! I’m super stoked to be there and perhaps I’ll see some of you there…?
Also, tickets and registration are opening up this week!