i get so many requests from SMBs for social media advice, seo, and a little web dev… i need a qualified list of ppl/teams to hand them off…
— John Saddington (@saddington) October 24, 2012
I mentioned this the other day on Twitter and I’ve had this challenge for a long time – I think it’s time that I actually do something about it!
There are tons of WordPress professionals, small creative design/dev businesses that focus on WordPress and I need to compile a list or create some system where I can send people to who request some of their needs for WordPress, web strategy, consulting, SEO, etc.
The reason I need to do this is because I want to serve my community here and also because I simply do not have the time to entertain much of the work that crosses my desk – this is a great problem to have!
But I hate leaving people hanging and spending the time trying to connect parties can be very time consuming.
So, if you’re interested in being a part of this “list” of preferred WordPress companies/individuals then I’d love for you to comment below.
BUT, you need to know the following first:
- Name of Company (or just you).
- I adore specialists, not generalists. Please make it clear what you specialize in.
- You need to know this community and the community that I have surrounding me. That’s a big deal as vetting you means that I’ve probably seen you comment once or twice before. I’m looking for trusted resources, not just any someone who happens to comment here for the first time ever.
- A range of pricing. If you’re too scared to publicly post your rates then go somewhere else. People who are comfortable know their own capabilities and the types of clients/customers they want. You can do by hour or by project. I don’t care.
- Need a portfolio link of some sort.
- Direct contact information.
Your comment may look like this:
- John Doe
- WordPress development (not design) is my specialty with a focus on blogging strategy consulting as a secondary value.
- $1,000,000 to $10,000,000 per hour
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I can’t wait to use this information in a way that’ll be incredibly useful for those that ping me daily.
If you have an idea of how best to showcase this information I’m all ears… seriously. Leave a comment about how it should be done!